Dear BBDS Family,
To begin, I want to send a heartfelt thank you for your support since we’ve announced our decision to extend our Spring Break closure. We will continue our current strategy to slow the spread of COVID-19 through social distancing. It is vital to us to make the health and safety of our dancers and their families our priority.
In this moment of uncertainty, we are reflecting on our core values and what makes the BBDS community so special. We want to celebrate dance and bring joy to our students. We aim to continue to be open, transparent, direct, and connected with our community. We are thinking about you as we navigate this crisis together and will be reaching out with updates regarding payments, tuition, services, and the near future as we currently understand it.
BBDS will continue to follow the EPISD closures and will extend our Spring Break until April 4th.
Please stay connected regarding our planned re-opening April 6, 2020.
While this will impact our classes inside the studio, we will continue to deliver the dance experience you know and love at Breakin’ Beats Dance Studio in a slightly different way. Our teachers and staff are committed to creative solutions to stay connected with their students. Thanks to technology, we will be opening our digital doors. This will allow us to provide a virtual dance experience to keep your dancer moving, learning, interacting, and having fun. We are committed to paying our teachers and staff so they can support themselves through this difficult time and be ready to pick up in person right where we left off. Like most small businesses, our expenses will stay current while our income will have a tremendous impact. Breakin’ Beats has always done its very best to provide you with high quality dance training at reasonable prices. We are people-driven, not profit-driven - and are very proud of this core value – but, we do not have a financial reserve to draw upon during this time. We are continuing to maintain our space, equipment, insurance, and organizational memberships so that we are ready to open our doors when it is safely recommended.
With our physical doors closed, we will be offering the below options to pay your remaining tuition to stay active on Band and in class upon returning:
-Venmo (Breakin Beats Admin or @BreakinBeatsDanceStudio)
-Mailing your check to 1035 Belvidere Ste. #370 El Paso, Tx 79912
-Online bill pay from your bank with our address
-Dropping off your cash or check during office hours Wednesday, April 1st from 9am-12noon.
Here are the details you need to know about our virtual dance experience:
• We will be using the Band App for all communication and class videos. We ask that you and your dancer please download the app in either the Apple App store or the Google Play store.
• Your invitation to join the ‘BBDS Dance Family Band’ was in the text that brought you to this website. If for any reason you have trouble getting in, please text me at 9155385998.
• We will start by uploading recital video choreography to practice at home and are ecstatic about all additional content we will be able to provide! Warm ups, strength and flexibility training, choreography, and much more will be available to your dancer at the tips of their fingers through Band.
• If there is a need for additional extension of this break, we will transition to online classes via Zoom.
• You will have access to directly contact your teachers and we are all here for anything you need!
We'll also be adding some bonuses for your dancer during this time:
• Fun competitions to win prizes for putting in the work at home
• We will be posting info about live classes happening around the world
• Tik Tok takeovers
• Bonus material and activities
Now, more than ever, it's important for your child to have normalcy and routine. We want them to be active, move, use their mind, and still interact socially with their peers. We sincerely appreciate your understanding as we navigate this evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 and work to ensure the health, safety, and enjoyment of our students and staff. We have found ourselves in a new normal for the time being and we are committed to continuing to offer you the best customer service and dance experience.
We deeply thank you for your support. As a small business, your continued dedication to our mission to provide your child with invaluable life skills through dance, ensures we can continue doing the work we do.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out.
For those who are one social media, we ask you all to follow us as it’s a great way to stay connected!
Facebook: Breakin’ Beats Dance Studio
We will be in touch with further details as they unfold. See you inside Band!